- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mediaset Spain announced Monday it will co-produce a local-language version of Little Big Shots for Spanish television with Warner Bros. ITVP Spain.
The deal was timed to coincide with MIPTV. It isn’t clear when Mediaset, which owns two of Spain’s general TV networks, Cuatro and Telecinco, will air the the Spanish version.
Little Big Shots debuted on NBC last month and was the most-watched alternative show launch on American television in more than six years.
Executive produced by Ellen DeGeneres along with Steve Harvey, who serves as host, the U.S. version ranks as the No. 1 new series of any kind among total viewers on any network during the 2015–16 TV so far this season. It only took two episodes for NBC to give it a 13-episode second season.
Excluding sporting events, the child-star talent show gave NBC its best Sunday night ratings since 2005.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day