- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
X-Files showrunner Frank Spotnitz‘s London-based production company, Big Light Productions, has signed a first-look distribution deal with StudioCanal’s Tandem Communications.
Under the deal, Tandem will have the first-look option for all of Big Light’s new series.
Spotnitz set up his first international series with Hunted, a co-production between the BBC and Cinemax. He is also the showrunner for TNT’s upcoming Transporter series, which was set up as a France-Canada co-production. Spotnitz set up his own shingle, Big Light, to develop and produce series for the international market.
“Tandem shares my ambition to deliver the best possible stories for television to the international marketplace,” Spotnitz said. “I think Tandem and StudioCanal have incredible taste and talent for making these international series work.”
“Frank has set a very high benchmark for quality TV programming since he first achieved worldwide success with X-Files,” said Tandem co-head Rola Bauer. “We are very excited to have an opportunity to work so closely with such a unique and creative talent.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day