- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – LoveFilm, Amazon.com’s European streaming video service, has struck a subscription video on demand deal with Miramax to give subscribers in the U.K. and Germany access to titles from the studio.
Financial terms or the length of the agreement weren’t disclosed.
Beginning this summer, LoveFilm subscribers will get instant, on-demand access to such Miramax films as There Will Be Blood and Martin Scorsese’s The Aviator. Other titles include Sin City and Quentin Tarantino’s Kill Bill, Kill Bill 2 and Jackie Brown.
“This exciting deal will enable us to deliver even more high-quality content to our members and reinforce, once again, our leading position as the first choice subscription service when it comes to exceptional range and unbeatable value for money,” said Jim Buckle, managing director at LoveFilm.
Miramax has struck a slew of content deals over the past year or so to get its library titles to pay TV and online streaming providers. LoveFilm, sometimes described as the Netflix of Europe, is the latest digital partner for the studio as it continues to look for new revenue streams.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day