- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Actress Mischa Barton on Wednesday held a press conference to discuss the possible release of a personal sex tape filmed without her consent.
“This is a painful situation and my absolute worst fear was realized when I learned that someone I thought I loved and trusted was filming my most intimate and private moments, without my consent with a hidden camera,” Barton said, according to reports from the Daily Mail.
In addition to her claim that she was filmed without consent, Barton added that the tape was now being shopped to a number of online pornography companies.
“I learned something even worse, that someone is trying to sell these videos and make them public,” the O.C. star said. “No woman should have to go through this.”
The statements come just weeks after Barton was hospitalized after authorities responded to reports of the actress yelling outside of a West Hollywood apartment complex early in the morning. Barton later claimed that the incident was due to her being drugged while celebrating her 31st birthday the night before the incident.
According to the Daily Mail, the sex tape has been shopped around for upwards of $500,000.
A request for comment from Barton’s representatives was not immediately returned.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day