- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Alyssa Campanella, a 21-year-old from Los Angeles, was named Miss USA on Sunday night.
She beat out 50 other competitors to take home the crown at the event, held at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino in Las Vegas.
Campanella’s pageant wear included a blue bikini with white polka dots and a dark turquoise evening gown with beading.
She also answered a question about whether marijuana should be legalized; her response was that it should be available to those who need it for medical purposes but shouldn’t be fully legalized.
Miss Tennessee Ashley Durham was the first runner-up. Contestants from Alabama and Texas placed third and fourth.
Campanella will represent the U.S. in this year’s Miss Universe pageant.
Miss USA, owned by Donald Trump, celebrated its 60th anniversary Sunday night. Bravo’s Andy Cohen and E! News’ Giuliana Rancic served as co-hosts of the show, which aired live on NBC. Kelly Osbourne provided skybox color commentary.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day