- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
PARIS — French helmer Bertrand Tavernier is crossing the Atlantic to direct his first English-language feature, “In the Electric Mist,” starring Tommy Lee Jones, John Goodman, Peter Sarsgaard, Ned Beatty and Tom Sizemore, the producers said Monday.
Based on the best-selling novel by James Lee Burke, “In the Electric Mist with Confederate Dead,” the film was written by Jerzy Kromolowski, Mary Olson-Kromolowski and Tommy Lee Jones and is produced by Michael Fitzgerald (Ithaca Pictures) and Frederic Bourboulon (Little Bear Prods.) in a co-production with TF1 International.
Set in New Iberia and New Orleans, the film follows a detective on the hunt for a serial killer who preys on young women, a glamorous Hollywood star and a local crime kingpin who are all involved in a bloody murder mystery.
Shooting began last week and will wrap June 26. Ithaca Pictures is handling film rights in the U.S. and English-speaking Canada, with TF1 International in charge of worldwide sales. TFM Distirbution will release the movie in French theatres in 2008.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day