- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Justin Long is getting in the political game.
The actor appears as Mitt Romney in a new ad from MoveOn.org, which parodies NBC’s The Office. The three-minute spot, titled “Mitt’s Office,” shows the GOP candidate joyfully firing a slew of employees in a variety of cruel and unusual ways.
“I’ve been accused of not having a heart,” he says in the video. “But to be fair it was from a guy I laid off right before he had double bypass surgery. So really, the accusation should have probably gone the other way around.”
The video adds to mounting criticism of Romney, stemming from his business record as CEO of Bain Capital. Also addressed in the parody is Romney’s alleged tax avoidance in a segment titled, “Mitt, Where Are Your Tax Returns?”.
“Mitt Romney is our very own modern-day Gordon Gekko,” said Long in a statement. “I made this video because it was a chance to play a presidential candidate who is exactly the kind of guy the 99% have been protesting against.”
Watch the full video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day