- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“Ever defeated a lava monster?” asks Dwayne Johnson in a new promo for Moana.
The TV spot, which premiered during the NBC’s coverage of the Rio Olympics on Sunday night, introduces a fiery villain of the Walt Disney Animation movie, which follows the titular character, voiced by newcomer Auli’i Cravalho, a young girl from the South Pacific who sets sail for a fabled island with the help of ancient demi-god Maui (voiced by Johnson).
“We’ve gotta go through a whole ocean of bad,” he explains further. Thankfully, Moana knows just how to convince him to join her.
“You’d be a hero — that’s what you’re all about, right?” she tells him, just before imitating a crowd who was chanting his name.
Moana hits theaters over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend on Nov. 23. Watch the video below.
Aug. 8, 11:50 a.m. A previous version incorrectly noted the name of the titular character. THR regrets the error.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day