- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Akris is a German-based elegant luxe fashion house, showing twice a year in Paris. Now, they’ll be showing their tres chic fall 2012 collection in L.A. on May 1 at the Beverly Hilton as part of the Museum of Contemporary Arts Distinguished Women in the Arts luncheon. This year marks their seventh annual event.
Who better to honor this year than Vanity Fair cover photog and all-around portrait superstar Annie Leibovitz. She’s known more for celebrity shots than fashion, but fashion is part of any celebrity portrait. Leibovitz has also done her share of highly designed ad campaigns.
Saks Fifth Avenue will stage the Akris show, taking place for invited guests at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel on May 1. No doubt, Akris will attempt to dress Leibovitz and Maria Shriver, her presenter. Past recipients have been on a very high level in the arts: Jenny Holzer (2010), Yoko Ono (2003), Barbara Kruger (2001) and Anjelica Huston (2001).
Surely, the best L.A. people watching is at events where the art world crosses over with the fashion world — then there’s great looks and interesting people, which don’t often come together enough.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day