- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Arias will play the role of Poe, best friend to Stella, played by Richardson. Justin Baldoni, the Jane the Virgin star who has directed several documentaries, will helm the feature. Arias’ credits include Pitch Perfect 3, Ben Hur and The Land.
“I’m thrilled Haley and Moises have joined our film. I have been a fan of Haley’s for years, and she is a tremendous talent who will shine in this role,” Baldoni said in a statement.
Academy Award-winner Cathy Schulman (Crash) is producing Five Feet Apart, via her Welle Entertainment banner along with Baldoni, who produces via his company, Wayfarer Entertainment.
Written by Mikki Daughtry and Tobias Iaconis, the script centers on two young people, Stella (Richardson) and Will (Sprouse), who meet and fall in love while being treated for their illnesses, knowing that they are both living on borrowed time. The lovers refuse to be defined by the obstacles that separate them.
The story is described as being uplifting and about the people who help make every moment count as well as the transcendent power of love. Mark Ross is overseeing production for CBS Films, which is set to start in May.
Arias is repped by Kazarian/Measures/Ruskin & Associates. Richardson is repped by Gersh and 3 Arts Entertainment.