- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Amazon Studios has scooped up the rights to Linda and Monica, a script detailing the relationship between Monica Lewinsky and Linda Tripp.
The script by Flint Wainess was on the 2016 Black List, the annual list of the industry’s top unproduced screenplays. The story follows the crazy, true story of the relationship between Lewinsky and Tripp, the woman who nearly destroyed the Clinton presidency — and herself in the process.
Tripp was a close friend of Lewinsky when they both worked in public affairs at the Pentagon. In the ‘90s, Tripp secretly recorded phone conversations with Lewinsky that detailed her sexual relationship with President Bill Clinton. She leaked the tapes, claiming that her motives were patriotic. The scandal and its repercussions included impeachment hearings.
Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch of Escape Artists will produce.
Linda and Monica is not the only telling of the infamous sex scandal in the works: Ryan Murphy has set his sights on exploring the Monica Lewinsky scandal for a subsequent season of the FX anthology American Crime Story and has optioned author Jeffrey Toobin’s 2000 best-seller A Vast Conspiracy: The Real Sex Scandal That Nearly Brought Down a President as source material.
Wainess is repped by UTA and Kaplan/Perrone Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day