- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Best of the Monkees re-enters at No. 20 with 17,000 (up 7,808 percent according to Nielsen SoundScan) while Flashback With the Monkees debuts at No. 125 with 5,000 (a gain of 252 percent). They were last seen on the Billboard 200 on June 21, 2003, when The Best of the Monkees wrapped a then-five week run.
Collectively, the group’s albums sold 29,000 in the week ending March 4 — a gain of 1,265 percent over the 2,000 copies sold the previous week. In terms of digital track sales, the act’s best seller this week is “Daydream Believer,” which shifts 39,000 (up 5,346 percent) and debuts at No. 49 on Digital Songs.
The Monkees’ overall track sales grew by 3,750 percent — moving from 4,000 sold in the week that ended Feb. 26 to 140,000 this past week. In all of 2011, the band sold 174,000 tracks and 96,000 albums.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Portia de Rossi
James Gordon Meek