- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There were a few perks to playing a heiress.
“We rented out the Eiffel Tower, no big deal,” jokes Gomez to MTV News.
Added Meester, “We got up in the Eiffel Tower. But it wasn’t just go up for a trip, we got there all alone. It was just us at 5 a.m. when the sun was just rising. It was really beautiful.”
“It was really cool to experience all those places for the first time,” Gomez went on of the film’s locations, which included Monaco and Hungary in addition to France. It was the first time the star of Disney’s Wizards of Waverly Place had visited those countries.
Filming together was “fun both on and off” screen,” Meester said. “A lot of what was happening offscreen was just an extension of the fun we were having outside.”
Along for the ride: Glee‘s Cory Monteith, who appears in the movie less frequently than the three female stars.
“I worked probably one out of five days in the shooting schedule,” Monteith told MTV News. “I have four days a week off, and I was able to roam around Europe, so I saw 10 countries a month. It was incredible.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day