- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
According to Jeremy Scott, creative director of the Italian luxury label, the limited-edition Moschino-clad Barbie was gone in less than 60 minutes. He announced on Instagram, “MOSCHINO BARBIE SOLD OUT IN LESS THAN AN HOUR ! WOW ! BARBIE AND I THANK U FOR ALL THE LOVE !” As with the Windex iPhone case that came before the Barbie, the designer seems to have that magic touch for making his creations sell out the moment they hit the Internet.
In case you missed your chance at getting the doll, which retailed for $150 on Net-a-Porter.com, the accompanying eight-piece capsule collection, which includes human-size versions of Moschino Barbie’s outfits, is still available — just at a higher cost, with the pieces priced between $225 and $1,595.
Because if you can’t have the actual doll, at least you can still dress like her, right?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood