- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s a long tradition: dramatic movie stars heading to play against type on television. Jon Hamm does it frequently, including on 30 Rock; Kate Winslet and many others did it for Ricky Gervais‘ show Extras; and there have been 38 years worth of unexpected hosts of Saturday Night Live.
Hollywood, however, has never seen ego subversion on the scale promised by Movie 43.
From the Farrelly Brothers and producer Charlie Wessler, the film features segments made by 12 prominent directors and a whole bunch of major actors, crossing — nay obliterating — the line of good taste. Fecal play, blind kid sabotage, bullying home schooled children, crotch-loving leprechauns and wizard sex: all just a brief sampling of the topics at hand.
The cast includes Winslet, Liev Schreiber, Naomi Watts, Terrence Howard, Emma Stone, Halle Berry, Chris Pratt, Anna Faris, Jason Sudeikis, Justin Long, Gerard Butler, Josh Duhamel and many, many more.
The movie, which took four years to make around all those actors’ schedules, hits theaters in January.
Get More: Comedy Central,Funny Videos,Funny TV Shows
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day