- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Matt Bennett is joining the Motion Picture Association of America as its new executive vp, corporate communication. He succeeds Laura Nichols, who left the MPAA in February to become senior vp and chief communications officer at National Geographic Partners.
Bennett previously served as senior vp and D.C. practice head for the public relations firm Racepoint Global, where he led the agency’s public affairs work. Prior to his work with Racepoint, he was senior vp, communications and public affairs at PhRMA, the trade association representing pharmaceutical companies.
“Matt’s extensive experience helping associations and corporations communicate their messages to policymakers, influencers and key constituencies will help our organization effectively advance the mission and priorities of our member studios,” MPAA chairman and CEO Chris Dodd said Tuesday in announcing the appointment. “He possesses the skills and leadership abilities that will help the MPAA engage audiences both here in the United States and around the world to demonstrate the value of creativity in today’s digital age.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day