- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – Mr Bean and Blackadder star Rowan Atkinson has been taken to hospital after spectacularly crashing his 230 miles-per-hour MacLaren F1 supercar and walking away.
The actor, who has had the car since 2007 when he bought it for over a million dollars, was lucky to escape the burning and mangled vehicle with his life, and was taken to a local hospital in Cambridge suffering from superficial injuries. He is expected to be discharged later Friday.
No other vehicles were involved in the crash, which happened after the vehicle is thought to have spun out of control on a wet road Thursday night, spun around several times and hit the side of the road, bringing down a tree.
The car, one of the fastest cars to be licensed for general road driving, is a limited edition vehicle that now can cost as much as four million dollars.
“We were called to a single vehicle road traffic collision at 7.30pm on the A605 at Haddon,” a spokesman for East of England Ambulance Service said, speaking about an incident Thursday night.
A man was taken to hospital in Peterborough with “a minor shoulder injury,” the spokesman added.
Reps for Atkinson said the actor had no comment to make.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day