- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The 2016 MTV EMAs are in the books. The Weeknd, Bruno Mars and a host of other Hot 100 regulars made sure the European edition of the perennially star-studded award show hit just as hard overseas as it did in America just three months earlier.
The EMAs are a different beast from the VMAs, and this year’s show in Rotterdam brought out a decidedly different flavor of pop music. There was more dance, more rock, less hip-hop and much, much more of pop underdogs like Zara Larsson and Bebe Rexha. Did they make the most of their time to shine? Check out our picks for the 2016 EMAs’ best and worst moments.
In 2016, most award shows can be boiled down to two factors: awards won and killer live performances. The Weeknd delivered in both, so Abel Tesfaye demands inclusion in the 2016 EMA highlights. He took home the best video prize for his Daft Punk collab “Starboy” and continued to impress with his performance of the same song.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day