- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rapper Lizzo has been tapped to perform at the 2019 MTV Movie & TV Awards.
In addition, DJ-producer Martin Garrix will perform his new single “Summer Days” for the first time alongside Macklemore and Patrick Stump of Fall Out Boy.
Lizzo, who uses her music to promote body positivity and self-confidence, found success with her 2018 single “Boys” and last month released her Atlantic debut album, Cuz I Love You, with the lead single “Juice.”
In addition to being a global touring artist, DJ and songwriter, Dutch hitmaker Garrix, who boasts more than 6 billion streams worldwide, launched his own label, STMPD RCRDS, in 2016.
The MTV Movie & TV Awards, hosted by Zachary Levi, are set to air June 17 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
Nominations were announced earlier this week, with Avengers: Endgame, Game of Thrones and RBG topping the list with four mentions apiece.
MTV also introduced new categories this year, including reality royalty, most meme-able moment and best real-life hero.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day