- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The network has ordered 13 episodes for both formats, which will have their Latin America premieres in September. The location for Mexico Shore (working title) will be announced later.
Mexico Shore is MTV’s third international version of Jersey Shore. The U.K. version, called Geordie Shore and set primarily in Newcastle, England, drew exceptionally strong ratings during its seven-season run.
MTV Spain’s Spanish-language Gandia Shore, based in Gandia, Spain, bowed in October 2012 to nearly a million viewers and there’s a second season in the works. The first season will debut in Latin America in March.
As for Ridiculousness Mexico, it’s the first international adaptation of the video series.
“For Ridiculousness, we know that viral videos are a dime a dozen, so it’s all about finding a witty host with good comedic timing and a fresh perspective,” said Sofia Ioannou, managing director of Viacom International Media Networks for the Americas.
Both shows will begin casting soon.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day