- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MTV has promoted a pair in its scripted department.
The co-heads of scripted programming Justin Levy and Clay Spencer have been upped to senior vp scripted series programming, the network announced Tuesday.
The duo helped develop the youth-skewing cable network’s scripted entries Awkward and Teen Wolf, which were both renewed for expanded third seasons at nearly double their episode order, with Levy being a key champion on critical darling Awkward since its inception.
In addition to the two series, Levy and Spencer helped shepherd upcoming scripted series The Inbetweeners, which launches Aug. 20, Underemployed and Zach Stone is Gonna Be Famous.
“Justin and Clay have taken our scripted efforts to a whole new level in just a few short years, from the success of Teen Wolf and Awkward, to the exciting new projects on the horizon,” said David Janollari, head of MTV programming. “They are exceptional executives with a finger on the pulse of what our core young audience is looking for in their entertainment, and who know how to shepherd a showrunner’s creative vision to inspired, and successful, results.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day