- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MTV is taking a new approach to launching its upcoming series.
Ahead of the Nov. 1 premiere for docu-series Wait ‘Til Next Year, which follows the Bad News Bear-esque football team Lincoln Park Railsplitters, MTV is debuting the entire 12-episode season via the MTV app beginning Oct. 25.
The move marks the first time a television network is rolling out an entire run of a series on mobile prior to the traditional television launch. It is the latest experiment by Viacom Music and Logo Group aimed at providing viewers with access to content using its brand apps.
The MTV app is available on iPhone, iPad and Xbox 360 for Xbox Live Gold members in the U.S.
According to MTV, the MTV app has seen an 82 percent increase in installments week over week when the network launched an initiative tied to the Miley: The Movement documentary, which unlocked two clips from the film that debuted on the app. VH1 also debuted the TLC biopic, CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story, earlier this week on the VH1 app following its TV launch.
Executive producers on Wait ‘Til Next Year are Craig D’Entrone, Amelia D’Entrone and Sean Travis.
Wait ‘Til Next Year premieres Nov. 1 at 8 p.m. on MTV.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day