- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MADRID – MTV Spain premiered its newest product, Gandia Shore, on Sunday, marking a digital terrestrial television (DTT) market high in all targets with 4.8 percent share and 956,000 viewers–with a coveted 20.4 percent share in the core target of 12-24.
The figures, which posted a 12.6 percent share and 500,444 viewers in the 18-35 year category, are an all-time high for digital terrestrial television in Spain since the switch from analogue in 2010.
The show–modeled on Jersey Shore–sat only as the second choice between Spain’s veteran and most-watched series Aida.
Gandía Shore records hit its golden minute at 11:23 pm, when 1,214,560 viewers tuned in as the program crossed into social networks. With more than 3,500 fans on Facebook, the MTV franchise snagged six of the top 10 trending topics on Twitter. Followers posted 1,500 tweets per minute, reaching a peak at 10:38 pm with 2953 tweets.
The networks Spanish webpage, mtv.es, beat its own record with 730,275 hits, 108 percent higher than the average of other days.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day