- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amber Portwood, one of the stars of MTV’s hit Teen Mom, was arrested for domestic violence Monday in Anderson, Ind., TMZ reported.
Earlier in the day, the Madison County Prosecutor’s Office charged the 20-year-old with two felony counts of domestic battery, one felony count of neglect of a dependent and one misdemeanor count of domestic battery.
The criminal charges follow an episode of Teen Mom that showed Portwood punching Gary Shirley — father to her 2-year-old daughter, Leah — several times, including a hit to the face and a kick in the back. She is alleged to have attacked Shirley three times between August 2009 and July 2010, TMZ reports.
Portwood reportedly was booked at the jail at 4:21 p.m. ET and was placed on a “24-hour hold,” with bail set at $5,000.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood