- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Adele, Lil Wayne and Chris Brown will perform Aug. 28 at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards. Wayne and Brown have appeared at the ceremony previously but it’s the first time Adele will take the stage at the annual event, now in its 28th year.
Adele has seven nominations going into the show for “Rolling in the Deep” from her 21 album including video of the year, best female video and best pop video.
Wayne has three nominations under his belt for both “6’7′” and “Look at Me Now,” his collaboration with Brown and Busta Rhymes. He’s even competing against himself in the best hip hip video category for the two songs.
He said in a statement to MTV, “Being a nominee and a performer on the VMAs once again is an honor because everyone doesn’t get that opportunity. Looking forward to performing on the show, and having The Carter IV drop the same week!” (The Carter IV will be released Aug. 29).
Brown first appeared on the show in 2007, and says he has a “special performance” planned for his fans.
The general public can vote for select categories, including best new artist, via cell phone or at vma.mtv.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day