- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MTVu has firmed up details for the 2014 Woodie Awards and music festival.
The night-long Woodie celebration begins 3 p.m. CT that day in downtown Austin’s Red River and 1st Street, with five hours of performances leading up to the awards show at 8 p.m. CT.
A condensed 30-minute special highlighting the 10th annual Woodie event, 2014 mtvU Woodie Awards Special, will air on MTV and mtvU in primetime three days later on Sunday, March 16, at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
Nominees and performers will be announced at a later date.
Eric Conte, Amy Doyle, Gina Esposito and Ryan Kroft are executive producers of the mtvU Woodie Awards. Joe Buoye is the executive in charge of production.
The mtvU Woodie Awards, which recognize the best music as voted by college students, began in 2004 and has helped boost musical acts, including The Killers, Death Cab for Cutie, Muse, Gym Class Heroes, Lupe Fiasco, Kings of Leon, Vampire Weekend, Matt & Kim, Wiz Khalifa, Odd Future, MGK and Mac Miller.
Last year’s awards show was hosted by Tegan and Sara and Machine Gun Kelly, with girl group HAIM, Jake Bugg and Alt-J among the day’s performers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day