- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Streaming service Mubi has added another high-profile short film to its catalog, acquiring exclusive subscription VOD and non-exclusive transactional VOD rights for Nimic, directed by Oscar-winning filmmaker Yorgos Lanthimos (The Favourite, The Lobster).
Written by Lanthimos and frequent collaborator Efthimis Filippou, Nimic stars Matt Dillon and Daphne Patakia, soon to be seen in Paul Verhoeven’s erotic period thriller Benedetta, and follows a professional cellist whose encounter with a stranger on the subway has unexpected and far-reaching ramifications on his life.
Nimic, which had its world premiere as part of the 2019 Locarno Film Festival, will release exclusively on Mubi on Nov. 27.
The short was produced by Rekorder Berlin, Superprime Films, and Merman London in association with creative agency Droga5 London. The deal was made between Mubi and Francois Morisset at Salaud Morisset who is handling international sales.
This year, Mubi and Salaud Morisset worked together to bring Jonathan Glazer’s short films The Fall and Strasbourg 1518 to the platform, as well as the Oscar-shortlisted short Little Hands from Rémi Allier.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day