- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Music agent Jbeau Lewis has joined UTA, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. He had previously been at CAA for 11 years.
In his new post, Lewis will work alongside music department head Rob Prinz to expand the agency’s touring business. He will report to UTA managing directors Jeremy Zimmer, David Kramer and Jay Sures.
“Jbeau is a great agent and a great addition to UTA, and his passion for discovering and nurturing exciting artists will be a significant asset as we continue to grow a thriving music practice,” the managing directors said in a joint statement.
STORY: CNBC’s Carl Quintanilla Joins HBO’s ‘Real Sports’
Lewis started his career as an assistant in CAA’s Nashville office before being promoted to agent in 2006. His clients included Katy Perry, Ariana Grande, Empire of the Sun, Ludacris, Maya Hawthorne, Heart, Band of Skulls, Brett Dennen, Icona Pop, The Janoskians, Mika, Milky Chance and Bonnie McKee.
“I’m energized by the opportunity to help grow an innovative music touring division,” Lewis said in a statement. “UTA is uniquely progressive in leveraging technology on behalf of its clients, and I’m particularly excited to tap that expertise at a company where every artist will reap the benefits of a full-service agency.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day