- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared at Billboard.com.
A year after its demise, My Chemical Romance will release a greatest hits compilation this March, featuring 15 hits, three demos and one previously unreleased track.
According to Radio.com, May Death Never Stop You, the band’s first official release since its March 2012 breakup, will hit stores March 25. The album features some of the rock band’s biggest hits, including “I’m Not Okay (I Promise),” “Welcome to the Black Parade” and “Helena.”
The compilation also features three demos: “Skylines and Turnstiles,” “Cubicles” and “Knives/Sorrow.”
To fill out the 19-track release, the band added “Fake Your Death,” described by former frontman Gerard Way as the “last MCR song” in a statement Alternative Press posted on its website.
“What was not so obvious at the time was that the song was, and would serve as, a eulogy for the band, though I should have known it from the lyrics,” Way said. “I think internally I did, as I felt an odd sense of sadness and loss after hearing back the words on top of the music. I also felt a strange sense of pride in how honest it was, and could not remember a band recording a song of this nature, being so self-aware. Ending felt like something honest, and honest always feels like something new.”
In addition, the band is offering a $34.99 online edition that includes a DVD of its music videos, the previously unreleased clip of “Blood,” an armband and a “Thank You for the Venom” t-shirt — the first the band ever created.
My Chemical Romance broke up in March 2012 after releasing four albums together. The band peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 with 2006’s “The Black Parade” and placed six singles inside the Alternative Songs chart’s top 10, including a No. 1 in “Welcome to the Black Parade.”
The full tracklist of “May Death Never Stop You” can be found below.
1. “Fake Your Death”
2. “Honey, This Mirror Isn’t Big Enough for the Two of Us”
3. “Vampires Will Never Hurt You”
5. “You Know What They Do to Guys Like Us in Prison”
6. “I’m Not Okay (I Promise)”
7. “The Ghost of You”
8. “Welcome to the Black Parade”
12. “Famous Last Words”
13. “Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na)”
15. “Planetary (Go!)”
16. “The Kids From Yesterday”
17. “Skylines And Turnstiles” (Demo)
18. “Knives/Sorrow” (Demo)
19. “Cubicles” (Demo)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Queen of Basketball