- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Randy Travis was arrested for drunk driving after crashing his car in Texas on Tuesday night, according to reports.
Troopers discovered the 53-year-old country singer with cuts, bruises and alcohol on his breath after responding to a 911 call reporting a man lying in a roadway near the town of Tioga, People magazine reports. Travis’ blood was drawn under a search warrant because he declined blood and breath tests to screen for alcohol. In a mugshot, he sports a black eye and hostile expression.
In a statement, the Grayson County Sheriff’s Office said: “While Travis was being transported, (he) made threats to shoot and kill the troopers working the case.”
Meanwhile, TMZ is reporting that Travis had been naked at the time of his arrest.
He was in custody on a misdemeanor DWI charge as well as a felony of retaliation.
A rep for Travis did not immediately respond to THR‘s request for comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day