- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
We’ve always known Naomi Campbell was fierce in the “owning it down the runway” sense of the word, but the supermodel has proven that she’s a force to be reckoned with on the streets, too.
E! News reports that the 45-year-old was convicted of assault in Sicilian courts on Friday for attacking a paparazzo back in 2009. The altercation, which transpired after Campbell spotted the man taking photos of her and then-boyfriend Vladimir Doronin, landed the photographer in the hospital after the model swung her undoubtedly designer purse at him, causing severe scratches to his eye.
Though the case was initially settled out of court, Essence states that Italian prosecutor Francesco Massara decided to move forward with the charges due their “severity” and his “commitment to public interest.” Campbell was given a six-month suspended prison sentence.
The paparazzo-brawl wasn’t the first time that Campbell turned an everyday object into a weapon. Back in 2007, the supermodel was charged with assault after throwing a cellphone at a housekeeper. Lesson learned: Don’t mess with Naomi.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day