- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Naomi Watts is set to receive the Lacoste Spotlight Awards at this year’s Costume Designers Guild Award, it was announced Tuesday.
According to a release, the award “honors an actor whose talent and career personify an enduring commitment to excellence, including a special awareness of the role and importance of costume design.” From her recent role as a pregnant Russian stripper in St. Vincent (starring Bill Murray and Melissa McCarthy) to playing a Broadway actress in the Oscar-nominated film Birdman with Michael Keaton and Emma Stone, Watts proves she deserves the honor.
The guild, which announced its nominations earlier this month, will also present honorary awards to Boyhood writer-director Richard Linklater, costume designer Aggie Guerard Rodgers and designer and scholar Dr. Deborah Nadoolman Landis during the ceremony.
As previously announced, Emmy Rossum is hosting this year’s award show at The Beverly Hilton on Feb. 17.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day