- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Naomi Watts is in negotiations to join Brie Larson in The Glass Castle, Lionsgate’s adaptation of Jeannette Walls’ memoir.
The comedic drama reunites Larson with her Short Term 12 director Destin Daniel Cretton, and tells of a successful young woman who was raised by dysfunctional and nonconformist parents. Her world gets turned upside down when they move to New York to be near her.
Woody Harrelson is already on board as the woman’s alcoholic father and Watts will play her eccentric mother.
The project is looking to begin production June in Montreal. Gil Netter is producing.
Marti Noxon wrote the first draft of the script with Cretton and Andrew Lanham is writing the current draft.
Watts next stars opposite Jake Gyllenhaal in Jean-Marc Vallee’s drama Demolition, which opens April 8. She is currently on screens with Shailene Woodley in Divergent.
Watts is repped by CAA, Untitled and Hansen Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day