- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sean Parker has joined Twitter — not in an executive capacity, but as just a regular ol’ tweeter.
Parker — who co-founded Napster and later served as president of Facebook — sent out his first tweet Monday. In it, he apologized to Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and gave credit to Scooter Braun, a talent manager whose clients include Justin Bieber, for getting him to join the social-networking site.
“Sorry Zuck, I had to do it eventually,” he wrote. “(Actually @scooterbraun made me do it.)”
As TheNextWeb.com points out, it appears that Parker has been planning his Twitter debut for some time, since his account was already verified.
Earlier in the day, he had only 500 followers. By late Monday, Parker was at nearly 19,000 followers and counting.
Parker, who was memorably portrayed by Justin Timberlake in the Facebook movie The Social Network as a partying playboy, last week revealed that he is reuniting with Napster’s Shawn Fanning to create a live video site dubbed Airtime. He also is backing Spotify and has a Facebook charity application titled Causes.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day