- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Narcos‘ Damian Alcazar is looking into another side of Mexico.
The actor, who played the Netflix series’ villain on the most recent season, is set to narrate a new documentary from Digital Cave called Agave: The Spirit of a Nation, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The doc explores the the rich cultural heritage of tequila and mezcal in the nation that created it, Mexico, and the people trying to protect it for the future. From the alluring red highlands of Jalisco to the rugged green mountains of Oaxaca, the film follows three producers — Carlos C. Camarena, Graciella Angeles Carreno and Aquilino García Lopez — as they distill agave. From a bootstrap ambition to carrying on a father’s legacy, their successes and sacrifices unfurl in this interweaved story.
Nicholas Kovacic is directing the film, which is currently in production. Digital Cave is handling all sales.
Alcazar previously appeared in The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, The Perfect Dictatorship, Magallanes and La Ley de Herodes – Herod’s Law, as well as on the TV shows Jose Jose: El Principe de la Canción, Kdabra, Sin Senos Si Hay Paraiso, 2091 and Lady of Steel. He is repped by Primary Wave Entertainment and Talent on the Road Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day