- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
A lot of modern Nasty Gal shoppers may not realize it, but the company actually began when founder Sophia Amoruso began selling vintage finds on eBay almost 10 years ago. Despite extensive new collections, the label is proving it’s still in touch with its roots, via a new Vintage Goldmine release of 160 vintage Chanel pieces on Friday.
The program is something they do only during the holiday season, reminding fans of its history. This new lot of Chanel from the ‘80s through ‘00s was released mostly online, with some pieces being sold at the Melrose Avenue store, and it will be followed up in December by a 30-piece collection of Louis Vuitton handbags and accessories.
Read more Instagram User Grace Coddington Says She Hates Instagram
CEO Sheree Waterson told WWD that these pieces were sourced “through Nasty Gal’s lens of sexy and fun.” Among the treasures: a snowboard, blazers, jewelry, bags and tops, priced between $450 and $9,500.
Added Waterson, “Vintage is core to Nasty Gal’s DNA and we celebrate this by curating the best in the market. Our merchants search the closets of collectors and style aficionados to score the most iconic pieces.” Happy shopping!
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day