- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Natalie Portman is in early talks to be added to the cast of Universal’s biopic of Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The actress would co-star alongside Michael Fassbender, who is currently attached to star in the film. Portman and Fassbender nearly worked together on another troubled project — Jane Got a Gun — before director Lynne Ramsay and Fassbender exited the film.
Sony Pictures had been working on developing the project, written by Aaron Sorkin, before Universal picked up the feature.
The title role of Steve Jobs has seen multiple A-listers attached to the project before exiting, including Christian Bale and Leonardo DiCaprio. At one point, David Fincher had been attached to direct.
Jessica Chastain had also met with Boyle for the female lead.
Deadline first reported the news.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day