- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Did Natalie Portman and beau Benjamin Millepied mean to announce that they have been married by wearing their wedding rings on Sunday’s Oscar red carpet?
Jeweler Jamie Wolf apparently made it sound as if the couple did, according to People Magazine. Wolf, who is also one of Millepied’s dancer friends, reportedly described the rings as “wedding rings” in a release. It described Portman’s two rings were designed to sit on both sides of her engagement ring while Millepied wears a platinum band.
The Hollywood Reporter contacted Wolf’s reps and they confirm that the couple’s rings are eco-friendly — made of recycled platinum and conflict-free diamonds.
But, were the rings meant to announce that the couple’s nuptials have already occurred? Wolf seems to have backed off from any earlier statements that suggested they were.
“I can neither confirm nor deny the marriage of Natalie Portman and Benjamin Millepied as that is not information I am privy to,” Wolf tells THR in a statement. “I designed rings for the couple and cannot attach meaning to those items.”
Portman’s manager did not immediately return THR’s request for confirmation or comment on the marriage reports.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day