- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lionsgate is forming a joint venture with New Regency to create premium scripted TV series with A-list talent, the two companies said Tuesday.
The move is part of a global production and distribution deal unveiled by Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer and New Regency founder and chairman Arnon Milchan at NAPTE in Miami.
The partnership will see the studios jointly create premium scripted series for global audiences, capitalizing on the A-list talent New Regency has drawn in its film business with such recent hits as The Revenant, The Big Short and Birdman.
The joint venture also will develop projects from Lionsgate’s library. Lionsgate will distribute the new TV series from the partnership in all media worldwide.
Also on the distribution side, Lionsgate will handle new movie releases and library titles from New Regency on TV and digital platforms in the international market.
New Regency titles that Lionsgate will distribute include The Revenant, The Big Short, Gone Girl, Fight Club, Mr. & Mrs. Smith and The Client.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day