- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – NBC News has hired Julian March, currently director of online at U.K. TV company ITV, as senior vp editorial and innovation.
He will start his new role in New York in January, reporting to NBC News head Deborah Turness, who left her role as ITV News editor earlier this year to succeed Steve Capus as NBC News president.
March joined ITV in 2011 from BSkyB. “I would like to thank Julian for his contribution to the continued development and success of ITV Online and wish him well in his new role,” said ITV’s managing director of commercial and online, Fru Hazlitt.
Current ITV director of brands Paul Kanareck will take over March’s role under the new title of director of online and brands. He previously worked for FremantleMedia, Vodafone and U.K.’s Channel 4.
“Paul is an exceptional leader and has a fantastic pedigree in online and video startups, mobile and interactive,” said Hazlitt. “He has impeccable strategic credentials.”
Previously, Turness had appointed Nicolina O’Rorke as CFO of NBC News.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day