- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jeff Gaspin will be departing NBC Universal in the reshuffling arising from the pending merger with cable giant Comcast, according to sources.
Gaspin is a longtime NBC Uni executive who has served as chairman of NBC Universal Television Entertainment since July 2009.
Gaspin had been in Washington on Tuesday evening to watch Tina Fey receive the Mark Twain Prize for Humor at the Kennedy Center. On Wednesday morning sources said he met with executives in New York and was then returning to Los Angeles. He later declined comment.
Sources expect a reorganization at NBC Uni to be announced next week. They say CBS executive Nancy Tellem passed on the opportunity to take a major role at the company because Robert Greenblatt, expected to take a major role at the company, declined to report to her.
Comcast and NBC Uni declined to comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day