- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC came under fire when it released the first photo of Adrianne Palicki as Wonder Woman earlier this month.
As THR.com Heat Vision blogger Borys Kit pointed out, fanboys said she looked “too trashy, too bad-porn-y,” Fox said her look wasn’t patriotic enough and even Lynda Carter, who played her in the ’70s TV series, weighed in. PHOTOS: The next generation of superheroes.
Palicki’s blue vinyl pants and blue boots were said to resemble footed pajamas, according to online commenters, and her patent-vinyl outfit “looks cheap” and “probably squeaks every time she moves” wrote blogs.
Now, photos have been surfacing from the set of of David E. Kelly’s pilot showing Palicki in what appear to be cotton or spandex pants instead of vinyl and bright red contrasting boots. PHOTOS: A makeup line inspired by Wonder Woman.
A DC Comics spokesperson spoke out in support of the look earlier this month: “The latest evolution of Wonder Woman’s iconic costume is a central part of the latest comic book storyline. All of the classic symbols – patriotic (stars, eagle) and heroic (lasso, bracelets) – are ever-present.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day