- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The extension follows Moritz producing Sonic the Hedgehog for Paramount and then returning to produce the sequel.
The new deal also follows Paramount’s first-look with Moritz originating on Jan. 1, 2019, after Moritz and his production banner left their longtime deal with Sony Pictures.
Sonic the Hedgehog became the top opening weekend movie based on a video game of all time and to date has earned nearly $307 million in worldwide box office.
Moritz will also be producing To Catch a Thief for Paramount as well as the upcoming mobster thriller American Son, to star Russell Crowe, with Andrew “Rapman” Onwubolu directing and Dennis Lehane writing the screenplay.
Moritz is also known for producing the Fast & Furious franchise at Universal Pictures and 21 Jump Street at Sony.
Other credits include I Know What You Did Last Summer, Cruel Intentions, Sweet Home Alabama and I Am Legend.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day