- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Neil Patrick Harris is a newlywed.
The How I Met Your Mother star wed David Burtka, his partner of 10 years, on Saturday in Italy, Harris’ rep confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
“We happily confirm that Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka were married in Italy in an intimate ceremony surrounded by their close friends and family,” Harris’ rep said in a statement.
HIMYM director Pam Fryman officiated, while the Tom Ford-clad couple’s two 3-year-old kids — daughter Harper and son Gideon — also were part of the ceremony, which took place in Italy. Elton John, a friend of the couple, performed at the reception.
Harris tweeted about the news on Monday morning.
— Neil Patrick Harris (@ActuallyNPH) September 8, 2014
This marks the first marriage for both Harris, 41, and Burtka, 39.
Harris, who recently won a Tony for his role in Broadway’s Hedwig and the Angry Inch, next appears in David Fincher‘s adaptation of Gone Girl. Burtka, who recurred on HIMYM, next stars in the film Dance Off. The couple also appeared together as versions of themselves in 2011’s A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Hollywood Reporter
saturday night live