- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
All of those Neiman’s-adjacent agencies — and ladies who lunch — will have to find a new place for popovers other than Mariposa cafe for a while. Neiman Marcus in Beverly Hills recently began what could be a two-year renovation, say sources, that will include closing Mariposa for a face-lift and reordering the store’s floors.
As Barneys’ Beverly Hills location did in 2013, Neiman’s will move its ever-popular cosmetics and perfumes to a lower level where housewares now reside. Shoes, bags and jewelry, those retail monsters, will devour the entire first floor.
It’s not hard to tell what’s selling, is it? Confirms a store spokesperson, “We are embarking on a major remodel, but the final plans have not been publicized yet.”
This story first appeared in the April 4 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day