- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Canadian indie producer Cite Amerique has pacted with British partner Happy Films to co-produce a new Bookaboo pre-school series for the CBC in Canada and CITV and ITV in the U.K.
The deal, hammered out by FremantleMedia Enterprises, also includes a separate format agreement for a French-language version of the award-winning Bookaboo series to air on the Radio-Canada and TFO networks in Canada.
Happy Films and Cite Amerique will co-produce 28 11-minute new episodes of Bookaboo in the English language, combining puppetry, live action and CGI animation.
Bookaboo, whose original series aired on CITV, features a drum-playing rock puppy unable to play until he has been read a story.
“The series has been both an audience-winning and critically acclaimed show in the UK and we’re confident it will be just as big of a hit across the pond. This is the first stop on what we hope will be a world tour for Bookaboo and his crew,” Alyssa Sapire, vp of programming kids and family entertainment at FremantleMedia Enterprises, said Monday in a statement.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day