- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sony has debuted a new trailer for Ghostbusters, showing off more ghosts, a better look at the return of Slimer and plenty of Chris Hemsworth.
Paul Feig’s upcoming reboot features all-female ghostbusters played by Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones.
The story centers on the group of ghost-fighting women, who are going up against someone who is creating a device that amplifies paranormal activity.
“Something big is going to happen,” says Wiig’s character.
“The word you are looking for is ‘apocalypse,’” adds McKinnon.
The new trailer includes more scenes with Hemsworth, who plays their assistant and seems to be involved in the nefarious things that are going on, and a better look at Slimer, the ghost from the original 1984 film.
It hasn’t been an easy journey for the new Ghostbusters so far. Feig’s version was met with sexist criticism for rebooting the classic story with an all-female cast, and then the first trailer was reportedly one of the most disliked in YouTube history (although it remains to be seen if this is due at least in part to the continued disapproval of a female cast).
Ghostbusters is set to hit theaters July 15.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day