- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The actor stopped by The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Wednesday for the world premiere of the trailer, which opens with Tatum as the title character, showing off his moves in a garage-like setting — possibly taking a break from designing a piece of furniture.
Either way, it’s one of the very few moments Tatum — or anyone — is shown wearing a shirt.
Directed by Gregory Jacobs, the Magic Mike follow-up has Tatum, Matt Bomer, Joe Manganiello, Alex Pettyfer and Gabriel Iglesias reprising their roles alongside new additions Jada Pinkett Smith, Amber Heard, Stephen “tWitch” Boss and Michael Strahan. The sequel, which was co-written by Tatum and Reid Carolin, checks back in with the group of male strippers as they embark on a trade convention. The first film’s director, Steven Soderbergh, returns as editor and cinematographer (though under his pseudonyms Mary Ann Bernard and Peter Andrews, respectively).
Magic Mike XXL will dance into theaters July 1, 2015. Watch the trailer below, followed by the film’s recently debuted poster.
— Channing Tatum (@channingtatum) February 3, 2015
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day