- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
To celebrate 25 years of the Pokemon franchise, new games are on the horizon.
During a Pokemon Presents video presentation on Friday, Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and CEO of The Pokemon Co., revealed Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Pokemon Shining Pearl, remakes of the iconic games that will launch later this year; while Pokemon Legends: Arceus launches in early 2022.
In an entirely new adventure and story, set prior to the events of the first two games, Arceus will transport players to the Sinnoh region as it existed before Pokemon trainers and leagues.
“Trainers caught their first Pokémon in 1996 and began an adventure that has lasted 25 years,” said Ishihara. “Through eight regions, many different platforms and countless Pokémon encounters, they have strived to be the very best. We hope that fans of all ages will enjoy creating new memories while exploring the Sinnoh region in these new games.”
All three games will land exclusively on Nintendo Switch. In addition, New Pokemon Snap will arrive April 30.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day