- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On top of two Super Bowl appearances, Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson also has managed to clinch his second straight title as host of the Kids’ Choice Sports Awards 2016.
The 27-year-old, who has had a big year so far with his engagement to singer Ciara and being chosen to speak at his alma mater, the University of Wisconsin-Madison, this past weekend, will return to host the Nickelodeon awards show this year. He made the announcement Wednesday morning on Instagram. (Watch the video below.)
The Kids’ Choice Sports Awards touts itself as the “only show that celebrates kids and families’ love of sports and top professional athletes.” Nominees will be announced Thursday, and fans can start voting for their picks Monday on Nick.com and the Nick App.
Last year’s show honored athletes including Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry as best male athlete and Olympic medalist/gymnast Gabby Douglas as the most enthusiastic player.
The event will be taped live from UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion in Los Angeles on July 14 and will premiere on July 17 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Nickelodeon.
A video posted by Russell Wilson (@dangerusswilson) on
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day